What is a hair transplant?
Hair transplant is one of those treatment options which has saved many people to deal with the issue of hair loss and thin hair. One of the evident reasons, this treatment is the best choice is because of the increasing demand for hair transplant in Bangalore.
During the treatment, the hair follicles are taken from the back of the scalp and then transplanted to where growth is extremely less. The hair follicles are taken from the DHT-prone area (scalp back) which means here the hair follicles are not affected by hair loss. During the surgery, the patient is given local anesthesia which helps the patient to undergo the treatment without any pain or discomfort.
What are the different types of hair transplant?
Hair transplant is of 2 types:
- Slit grafts
With slit grafts, around 4 to 10 hairs are presenter grafts.
With micrograft, around 1 to 2 hair per graft are present
The doctor will suggest that option which will suit best for your condition and help you deal with your hair loss.
Who can benefit from undergoing a hair transplant?
When you choose to get a hair transplant, it will give you that added boost of confidence. The ideal candidate for this surgery are:
- Patients facing male pattern baldness
- Women with extremely thin hair
- Patients who have lost their hair due to scalp injury or burn
In case, the patient does not have enough hair follicles on the back of the scalp i.e. donor area then the doctor will suggest taking the hair grafts from the other body. In medical terms, it is known as a body hair transplant.
Who is not the ideal candidate for a hair transplant?
- Patients with keloid scars which are thick & fibrous following the surgery or injury
- Patients who have lost hair due to medication after taking chemotherapy
- Women facing hair loss throughout the entire scalp.
How is hair transplant surgery done?
Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)
- First of all, the doctor will use a scalpel to extract the strip of hair from the back of the scalp. The incision is a few inches long. Although, if you wear your hair long the incision can be hidden easily.
- After that, the surgeon will separate the hair grafts one by one with a sharp surgical knife.
- Following that, the surgeon will implant them carefully on the problematic area and this will help you get that natural look.
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
- The surgeon is going to extract the hair follicles individually from the donor area.
- Once they are extracted, they are kept in a solution for a specific time until they are not transplanted into the bald part of the scalp.
- During one session, the hair doctor can transplant thousands of hair grafts precisely.
Both of the treatment options are effective in terms of results like:
- Permanent looking hair growth
- Safe treatment
Just make sure that you are religiously following the doctor’s instructions like take the medications, after the surgery keep your head elevated, do not get into any type of vigorous exercise, avoid hair wash for a few days, and much more.
Book your initial consultation
If you have any doubt, then feel free to consult the experienced team of doctors at Infinity clinic and get the individualized treatment approach.