What is FUE?
FUE stands for Follicular Unit Extraction. Undergoing this type of hair transplant in Bangalore means your hair locks will notice desired hair growth. In this medical approach, the hair follicles are extracted one by one from the back of the scalp and then transplanted to where hair growth is extremely less. FUE has become a popular approach among hair loss patients as compared to the earlier treatment of hair plugs. In this method, the surgeon uses micro punches to extract the hair follicles with utmost precision. This also ensures that there is no possible sign of extraction on the scalp.
How safe is FUE treatment?
FUE is an extremely safe treatment and with this, you will be able to notice minor side effects like tiny white scars when the hair follicles are extracted. Chances of infection are very less as the surgeon will perform the surgery with utmost precision. Normally, the sensitivity, bruising, and swelling occurs which will go away a few weeks after the surgery.
Is FUE treatment convenient?
- FUE treatment takes around 4 to 8 hours (depending on how many grafts are required to be extracted & transplanted). In most cases, the treatment is done in one session but if the grafts to be transplanted are more in number then the doctor might divide it into multiple sessions.
- You are allowed to go back home on the same day. Although, your daily routine will not get affected much still you have to take certain precautions after the surgery.
- Make sure to wait for at least a few days to get back to your normal life or as suggested by the doctor.
How much does the FUE hair transplant cost?
On average, the hair transplant cost around Rs 40,000. But, the cost of treatment for each of the individuals will vary as there are other conditions that are taken into consideration like:
- The total number of grafts required
- Your overall health
- Area to the scalp to be covered
- Surgeon expertise
What about the results of FUE Hair Transplant?
The hair growth cycle is divided into 3 phases and for each of the individuals, it can vary. This is because in some cases a person starts losing their hair in their early 20’s and sometimes the problem of baldness occurs in later life. When you choose to get the hair transplant treatment, your hair growth cycle will occur as your normal hair cycle. In the 3rd month, you will be able to notice the hair growth which is a few inches long. It might take 8 to 12 months to notice the proper hair growth.
What about the aftercare with FUE hair transplant?
Make sure that you keep your head elevated after the surgery as it helps to reduce swelling. You have to follow a healthy diet and make sure to take all your medications on time. If you notice any problem, then you should book your initial consultation with the health expert.