What is a FUE hair transplant?
FUE stands for Follicular Unit Extraction which is the method to extract the hair follicles from the back of the scalp individually and later the hair grafts are placed where hair growth is extremely less. This is the reason, the treatment of hair transplant in Bangalore is gaining popularity to a great extent because of the results it provides and how effectively the problem of hair loss is addressed. Here’s how the procedure is performed:
- First of all, the surgeon will shave down the hair in the area where hair follicles are present, and then it will be removed from the from & around the transplanted area.
- The surgeon will use the micro punch tool which helps to take out the hair follicles from the skin.
- Later the surgeon will make tiny incisions by using the needle or use a sharp tool to insert the hair follicles.
- Later, the hair follicles will be inserted into the incision.
- Finally, the surgeon will clean and bandage the problematic area so that the recovery goes smoothly.
How safe is the FUE treatment?
FUE hair transplant is safe and there are no such side effects which you will notice with it. Chances of infection are rare because the surgeon will perform the treatment with utmost care. Although, you will notice sudden side effects which are a part of the treatment recovery. These side effects will lessen within a few days which includes bruising, swelling, and sensitivity.
How convenient is FUE treatment?
FUE treatment can be performed in one session, chances are very rare that you have to get another session only if more hair grafts are required to be transplanted. This procedure is termed an outpatient method which means you will be able to go back home on the same day. But, make sure that you wait for enough time as suggested by the doctor to get the surgery. Make sure that you do not do anything which can affect the surgery results.
How much is the cost of an FUE hair transplant?
FUE hair transplant cost around Rs 40,000 which is the average amount. Although, the cost will vary from patient to patient depending on how many grafts they need which depends on how much is the bald area. In addition, surgeon experience will also make a lot of difference.
What about the success rate of FUE hair transplant?
If we talk about hair transplant, then it is an effective method. The success rate of the treatment is more than 90% which tells the fact that a hair transplant is the best choice for hair loss.
How to prepare for an FUE hair transplant?
Some of the important things which you need to bear in mind to get the FUE Hair transplant:
- Avoid smoking for at least one day before the treatment.
- You should not drink alcohol for at least 3 days before the procedure
- Avoid the intake of aspirin or blood thinners for at least 2 weeks
- Do not take any dietary supplement or vitamin for at least 2 weeks before the procedure.
Book your initial consultation
If you would like to know more about the treatment, then schedule your initial consultation with our hair doctor for a customized treatment plan.